Fit Notes: The Sandal2019-08-14
Timeless, elegant, and inspired by chic minimalism, The Sandal is our answer to the quest for a breezy summertime silhouette that can be worn with nearly anything. It's quickly become a staple, able to easily dress vacation looks up (or down) and segue back into office life after your return flight's landed.
As we enter those golden weeks of August where summer feels endless and fall still ages away, it felt appropriate to highlight one of our favorite summer staples—The Sandal in Platinum (seen below)—and share notes from our team on the style's construction, fit, and more.
- The double straps are designed to sit around the widest part of your foot. They should feel snug at first, but will stretch as the Italian leather forms to your feet. As these straps are more structured, we recommend opting for a few short wears at first to break them in.
- A plush yet supportive insole runs from the ball of the foot to the heel, ensuring the relatively slim design is comfortable for walking and standing.
- The Sandal can run narrow, so sizing up to the next half size may be helpful. If you frequently go between sizes, in length or width, we suggest ordering the larger option for this style.
- The double-strap construction helps keep the shoe secure and close to the foot (so you won't hear any slapping of sandal to heel).
- The streamlined silhouette means this style is perfect for packing and can be stored nested. If traveling with The Sandal, we suggest positioning the shoes facing one another toe-to-heel in the dustbag and tucking amongst your clothes.