Fit Notes: The Mule2021-10-04
Almost immediately upon launch, The Mule has been a gaux-girl favorite. Both easy and attention-worthy (especially when topped off with our oversized bow), it's a style that fits the bill whether you want a slide to go with your favorite jeans or something with a bit of sartorial punch to dress up a look.
As with many of our silhouettes, The Mule is also a style that we've carefully tweaked and perfected with time. Though the modifications are so subtle you wouldn't necessarily notice, we have been slowly changing the sizing in order to bring the sizing of this style more in-line with other Margaux shoes. Depending on your color choice, you might need to size up to get the ideal fit (check out the bulleted list below for specific advice).
Below, more of our team's top tips and advice on landing on your perfect size.
- The Linen, Rose Suede, and Black Suede—all topped with grosgrain bows—run just a touch small. When ordering, we suggest going up a half size.
- For mule styles without bow (like our velvet and leopard haircalf versions), we suggest sizing up by one full size.
- When it comes to the above recommendations, please note our team has taken these suggestions into account on the unique size guides on each product's page. Check there to find out the best recommendation, looking at the suggestion for your normal US shoe size. (To accommodate the styles running small, you will notice that your EU size is different than it is with other Margaux silhouettes; a 9.5 US is converted to a 41 in The Mule in Leopard Haircalf, while it will be converted to a 40 when shopping The Demi).
- If you still aren't quite sure which size to order, please don't hesitate to ask our team prior to placing your order. You can chat with our concierge online or via text at 917-451-3483.
- With wear, the leather will soften slightly and conform to the shape of your foot. The fit of the Linen and Velvet will not change much over time.
- The bow is purely decorative and cannot be adjusted.